cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set default location

Dear eBay,

Please include the option set default location. Right now the "default" is everywhere. You allow me to refine sellers in the US only or North America only. Why won't you let ME make one of those MY default? Make the app so users can choose US locations ONLY in their searches. And make the setting stick. Stick forever. And ever. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Set default location

@usjoh_ycr3h @bend-roy @ksobier 

If you tap into a specific filter and then return to the main filter screen there should be a lock icon.

Let us know if you are not seeing it

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Set default location

I told them that around 7-10 years ago. They said they are looking into that but It's either they employ idiots as developers or they may lots of money from Chinese sellers. They basically want you to make mistakes and order things from China rather than your local seller. eBay are famous for dodging taxes so they want to help Chinese sellers to sell you items that will arrive through customs as 'gift' so you save 5p on price but 20p tax is not paid.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Set default location

@ksobier @bend-roy 

This is available in the android app. Once you select the location filter tap the lock next to it and it will save it for all searches.

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Set default location

Don't have a "lock" on mine.

Sounds like the OP is asking is a settings option to limit the location. I'd like to see that also.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Set default location

@usjoh_ycr3h @bend-roy @ksobier 

If you tap into a specific filter and then return to the main filter screen there should be a lock icon.

Let us know if you are not seeing it

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Set default location

In all this time, I've never seen this option.
Thanks
Message 6 of 6
latest reply