cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not detect Fingerprint login

Hello, the last update app v5. 10.0.11 doesn't detect fingerprint when I try to login. All apps with this function are running well on my phone. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Anybody with this problem? 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

yep.  Just installed the latest app on samsung S8 as of 12/3/17.  Fingerprint registration just fails and can't be used to logon.  I uninstalled the app since every other app works with my fingerprint.  no way am I typing my lengthy pswd over and over to get into the app.  Something broken for sure, and clearly the folks at ebay don't want to be contacted about it (just try in their visio chart 'select your problem' decision tree where this issue can't be selected or entered).  Also it's obvious ebay does not wish to respond to the issue or there would be a statement from them saying how this might be fixed. Googling the issue clearly show multiple folks with this problem and NO answers from ebay about it other then "write something in the android forum about it".  Yeah, as why we're all here with still NO answers.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@brfles

Thank you for the report. If you open the app, tap the menu, tap settings, tap signing in. There should be a toggle switch for Fingerprint sign in. If you turn that switch on and then sign out of the app are you able to sign in with the fingerprint? Also, make sure you are signing in with your eBay username and not email address.

Thanks

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I did all that before.  But, I reinstalled the latest app again.  retyped my "username" and password and got into the system, it asked if I wanted to use the fingerprint logon, I said yes.  App prompted me to swipe my finger and I got a Green checkmark denoting "good"  but then "fingerprint registration failed".  if I sign out I can't access the sign in menu on settings.  So while signed in I go into the settings and sign-in and slide the bar for fingerprint to enable and a window just keeps popping up saying

fingerprint registration failed
fingerprint sign in is not enabled  [OK]

logged out, logged back in, confirmed phone number, you guys resent me a temporary PIN.  all that works. but the Fingerprint option in the APP still says the error above.  The S8 isn't an older phone so I'm surprised this feature is broken.  bottom line is the The Ebay Android app is not playing nice with the Samsung S8 Fingerprint sensor,  yet all my other apps (banking, email, safenotes, google, etc all function with the fingerprint correctly) .

I appreciate the response, I hope you guys look into this and see what's broken in the code.

-brfles (ebay)

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@brfles

Thank you for the details is this the same account you are using to sign into the app? (brfles)?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

yes, brfles is my ebay acct name and the one I was successfully able to login with using the latest android app (using my password, not fingerprint).   

you can send me a PM there as well if you want me to try some stuff, and we can back and forth this a bit as needed.  I would like to see this resolved since I've been using ebay for many years and this issue is preventing me from using it with the app.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Same problem... locks me out and have to restart phone

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I was having the same problem, but after calling customer service, their terse reply actually helped me with this (same as the reply from ebay above). They may have corrected it with an update - what I have is v5.25.1.2. If you update to the latest, do you still have the problem after performing the above steps?
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

l've been having the same problem with signing on with my fingerprint. I tried several times to cure it by turning off and on the fingerprint function switch, but had no success. Eventually I turned my phone off and on again and it cured the problem straight away.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply