cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay app is not compatible

I have several android tablets that I bought on Ebay. These tablets all were made in China. They all work fine. These tablets start with android 6.0 and go to android 8.1. No tablet past 7.0 will see the EBay app on Google play.  Research on Google says my newer tablets are incompatible with the app. I never see that message. I see nothing. 

Maybe we customers do not matter.

How hard would it be to display a message that says your tablet is not compatible see this site (with a link) for details?

Time and  Android versions move on why can't EBay adapt????

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

So I guess I will try it using a browser and then I will try on my computer. Thanks for the info.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

In the same boat.I'm on a 4 year old device 4.4.2 I think,that worked just fine until recent,maybe it's time for my money not to be compatible with Ebay!!!
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I have also found that the Apple app for eBay is not very good as well. And has problems that I have to go into Safari to add more detail to my listing because it is not found in the eBay app on Apple. So it seems to me that eBay needs to make their apps a lot more agreeable with different platforms and get up-to-date.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Yep 4.4.2 (.kit Kat) here also and I can't even download the eBay app from the play store, browser is so sluggish on android, 😳 ****bleep***..

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@savearth4us wrote:
I have also found that the Apple app for eBay is not very good as well. And has problems that I have to go into Safari to add more detail to my listing because it is not found in the eBay app on Apple. So it seems to me that eBay needs to make their apps a lot more agreeable with different platforms and get up-to-date.

Can you please give us more details on what you would like to add to your listings using the apps?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Same here. Seems my kitkat phone it now too old for the eBay app, but the $3 coupon I was offered says I need to use the app to be able to redeem it.

It seems really stupid to me that they would limit their customer base to newer devices only, but it seems that's what they're doing.

I know.. it's only $3, but it makes me want to shop somewhere else.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Don't feel bad! It's not just the old phones...
My Android 6.0 app store does not even /have/ an eBay app.
Maybe eBay can't afford the Android programmers.
Only my Android 5.0 phone runs the app correctly.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@shoppingic0n wrote:

Yep 4.4.2 (.kit Kat) here also and I can't even download the eBay app from the play store, browser is so sluggish on android, 😳 ****bleep***..

Same here.  Have old Note 2 with 4.4.2 installed until a recent system crash (corrupted ROM?).  Finally had ROM fixed and system restored to 4.4.2 but cannot re-download application from Play Store.  Finally found older version to install, but then run into the infamous failed login ("invalid request") and other error code issues.  Have purged Google Play Services/Store cache and data (as instructed by eB admin) but still no avail.  Yet eB admin still doesn't care...

And yes browser access is a bit more sluggish than with standalone app, which is the only reason I stick to the latter for simple browsing and operation/management etc.

If eB really cares about its mobile customers then it should fix the application and rewrite from APK19 so that Kitkat users can be supported once again.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

i have an android 8.1 and it's been a miserable 11 months. 1 out of 20 notifications, missing customer questions, losing business. ebay doesn't care .

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

They want everyone to get a new cell phone for some reason.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply