cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't buy, sell, msg, or view. App resets constantly.

If I attempt to view item description, the app resets and goes back to the home page. If I attempt to create a listing, the app resets and goes back to the home page. If I attempt to view a message from a buyer, the app resets and goes back to the home page. Basically I can't do anything but do a search. 

Android ver: 6.0.1

Ebay ver: 5.22.0.10

This has been occurring for over TWO WEEKS, and I don't understand how that could be acceptable in a major transaction-based company such as this. While I am used to ebay having many technical problems, this is preventing me from buying or selling in any capacity whatsoever.

Phone and app have been reset numerous times. Please advise if I can provide any further info. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@companybloo

Thanks for the report. Is there any error that shows up when the app goes back to the home screen? Is the app going back to the home screen of your phone or the home screen of the eBay app?

Thanks

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for the reply, and apologies for being a bit terse before. Just frustrated. 

To clarify, the app returns to the app (eBay) homepage where it shows interests, recently viewed, etc (not my phone's home screen). App never crashes completely, but (for example) upon clicking 'Item Description', the screen will grey out, and then the ebay homescreen will load, as though it tried to go where I wanted, but couldn't. No errors msges or codes  are shown. Same reaction when trying to access other various links.

I thought maybe the issue was memory related, but other apps are behaving normally, even with multiple running simultaneously. If there is anything I can try from this end, I'm open to suggestion. Thanks! 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Happy to report that these app-resetting issues are now resolved in eBay app version 5.23.0.18 for Android 6.0.1 👍 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply