cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with wing pins

Have these 4 pins I am trying to identify. Does anyone know these pins? I have so much military here and it's a huge learning curve, enjoying every minute! I know the one is parachutists, but no clue what branch or decade.

I accidently posted this in the wrong collectibles board, sorry for the duplicate.

Many thanks!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Need help with wing pins

The bottom badge is an Army Air Assault badge. The Airborne one is most likely a hat pin and not an official insignia. The brass chevrons (upside down, by the way) are Army dress uniform Sergeant (E-5) rank. The top insignia is the rank emblem for an Air Force Airman 1st Class (E-3).

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Need help with wing pins

Thank you SO much! I have been trying to figure these 4 out for awhile. The Airborne pin seems looks fairly recent to me. A reproduction? There are so many Airborne pins I do not know how to nail this one down. What decade do you think the Air Assault badge is from? Thank you so much again, appreciate it.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Need help with wing pins

The Airborne pin is probably less than 10 years old. The Air Assault badge has been produced since the 60's and without seeing any hallmarks on the reverse it can't be narrowed down by me. If forced to guess, I'd say 1980's - 90's.

You're very welcome! Glad to help. And if anyone more expert out there can shed more light on these, please do.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Need help with wing pins

Many thanks! I agree with you, the Airborne pin is clearly newer looking at the back. Nothing distinguishing on the Air Assault badge, here are the backs of all of them. No pin maker marks, and only a number on the dress uniform. Does this help any narrowing them down as reproductions or real pins? Thank you again!
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Need help with wing pins

The backs.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply