cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone identify this?

I found this with my uncles wwii gear. Is it trench art? Maybe a self made buckle? Then again maybe they don’t go together. It looks like a German soldier. The metal is very thin possibly aluminum  image.jpg

image.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

The top buckle is a common US buckle made for web belts. I have one that I still use to hold my work pants up. They are almost indestructable.

The bottom item I cant say. Can you post a pic of the back side?20180722_130307.jpg

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The top buckle is a common US buckle made for web belts. I have one that I still use to hold my work pants up. They are almost indestructable.

The bottom item I cant say. I have sern match box covers that look similar but it would have an opening to out the box in. Can you post a pic of the back side?20180722_130307.jpg

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Lithium is terrible I cant even remove the triple posted pics 😞 And I apologies for the previous double post.

The bottom one in your pic looks similar in size.download.jpegdownload.jpeg to a match box cover but it should have a place to put the box in it. Has yours been squashed flat?

download.jpeg

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Very nice...

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Looks like a matchbook cover for the German paratroopers (Fallschirmjaeger) for the attack on Crete. Very cool if authentic 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

That is just a pic i posted as an example of a match box cover. The OPs cover is the one next to the buckle. Without seei g the back I cant say for sure its a match box cover. Still waiting for the pic of the back...

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Just noticed the post date. Its 3 months old lol. I dont think op is going to post any more pics. Im surprised it took 3 months to get an answer.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply