cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am seeking help identifying maker / designer of Mid century / Deco Dining Room Set

An old school friend stopped by the other day and we got to talking about my dining room set. He thought it was art deco and I thought maybe it was that or mid century / modern furniture. At least that is one of the reasons I bought it. Anyway, he got me to wondering and we sat down and perused the internet for almnost the whole day and couldn't find another example of this stuff. The closest thing was maybe Heywood Wakefield but ten again, we could not find anything remotely like this set.  It has no markings or labels anywhere that I have ever seen. The table has six legs and they have curved bracers on them. There is a leaf in the middle of the table that pops up when the table is opened. The bar and buffet have hidden compartments in the back bottom of the piece so you can hide documents and stuff. Cool set but I have no idea about it. Any knowledgable furniture folks out there that wants to educate me, "Thank you in advance!" (I included a picture of the set in my dining room. I don't have any photos of separate pieces. I'm not even certain of it's age but I'd say about the 40's to 70's mayhaps?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Am seeking help identifying maker / designer of Mid century / Deco Dining Room Set

nobody huh? (crickets chirping in background)

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Looks to be typically 1980s, done to chair upholstery.

Debora

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Agree about the upholstry. It has been redone but everything else is older. I took the one knob to a cabinet maker to be repaired and he asked me if I knew how old it was and I said no. He said it's old, probably from the 1930's. I told him about the set it came from and he said it sounds like it could be Art Deco but he'd have to see it in person so, I told him where it is and I'm hoping he takes a look.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply