cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending a private buy it now

how does one send a buy it now to a buyer ? the tutorial says that there is a link when you get an email from a prospecitve buyer but i can't  find any such thing

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

The buyer has to have sent you an email about the item, from the listing so that the link to the listing is on the message.  It has to be a Fixed Price listing, not an auction.

If you have interested buyers but your item still hasn't sold, you can send them a private offer:

1. Go to My eBay and select Messages.
  2. Open an email from the member and select send an offer directly to the member at the bottom of the email.
  3. Enter the quantity, price, and message to the buyer. (Note: Shipping isn't included in the offer details.)
  4. Select Submit.

Once you've sent the offer, the buyer will receive an email with the offer details. The offer automatically expires after 48 hours. If the buyer accepts the offer and completes the purchase, you'll be notified by email. 

Note: You can send an offer to multiple buyers. However, you can send only one offer at a time to the same buyer. If you want to send a revised offer to the same buyer, you need to cancel the original offer first.

To view or make changes to your offers:

1. Go to My eBay.
  2. Select All Selling, and then select Manage your offers.

Sending an Offer to a Buyer

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/private_offer.html

Sending an offer

If a member asks a question about an item listed in a fixed price format, you can send an offer to the member to invite them to purchase the item at a lower price. The offer is good for up to 48 hours, when the listing ends or until you cancel the offer, whichever comes first.

I don't  know what tutorial you are looking at, but you cannot set up a private listing for one buyer on eBay.

One way  you can list an item for a specific buyer is make the title:

SPECIAL ORDER FOR BUYER XXXXXXXXXXX ONLY!

Put the same notation in huge red letters at the top of the listing description. Of course you need the photo and the rest of the description to be appropriate for the item as usual.

Then send the buyer the item # so he can make the purchase.

Your listings are already set up as a buy it now with the make offer feature. 

The buyer just sends an offer through the make offer link you provided in your listing. Then you accept the offer.

oops!  I do see one item that does not have it. You can just lower the price or add a make offer to the listing.