cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ending listing early

Is there a fee or are there consequences to ending auctions early ? I am overwhelmed with the fees on some items I just sold and want to end my other auctions and not sell here anymore. Thanks for any help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

You have 1 auction style listing with no bids so use "More actions" next to the listing to end it early, and you can do the same for your BIN listings with no consequences.

Edit: If you used any listing upgrades you will still be charged for those.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

@sea2hill;

You can end listings early without any fees, as long as it is a fixed-price format, or an auction format as long as it hasn't received any bids. As far as I can see,  you only have one auction format listing, and it hasn't received any bids yet. The others are fixed-price format.

If you do end an auction-format listing after it has bids, and you cancel the bids so that it doesn't sell, then you would be charged the final value fees as though it had sold (because eBay would prefer that you not disappoint the bidder that way). However, they understand that mistakes may happen, so they will waive the fee for the first time you cancel an auction with bids in a calendar year.

There can be fees to end a listing early. You get one free cancellation per calendar year of a listing that has bidders. After that you'll pay the FVF on the highest bid showing at the time you cancel. And if a listing with bids has less than 12 hours left, you can only end it to sell to the highest bidder.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html