cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Coupon Refund

Hi All,

Right off the bat, I understand that eBay will not issue a new coupon if a seller issues me a refund for an item I bought with an eBay coupon. This issue is somewhat different.

I bought a $100 gift card on 6/4 with a $100 eBay coupon, it did not arrive, so I disputed the charge but only asked for a shipping update, I said nothing about issuing me a refund. The seller promptly refunded the order, all of which of course went straight back to eBay. Again, eBay policy is not to issue me a new coupon, fair enough. The dispute case has been closed, and there does not seem to be a follow-up option. I would contest that the seller did not take action I desired, they issued a refund when all I wanted was to have them track down the original gift card, or send me a new one. It would have been different if I had asked for a refund, but that was not the case.

I want some way to be made whole again, whether it is a new coupon, a new gift card, or a separate resolution directly from eBay. Can anyone out there suggest a good approach?

Many Thanks.

Edited after the reply below was posted:

In response to your question,"Why did you open a case when you could've messaged the seller to ask them where your item was?", the answer is that this is what eBay clearly recommends in this situation. For example, if you go to the help & contact tab on the eBay page, and you select "Didn't receieve an item", step 1 of the recommended course of action is to open a request (dispute) immidiately. It also does not say that ths will impact the seller negatively. I put a kind note in my description of the issue (pasted verbatim below) that shows I was asking for the sellers help, with no mention of a refund. I thought the seller would respond with one or two possible courses of action and we'd just go on our merry way. Instead, I lost my coupon, which really stinks. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)