cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller refuses to ship the item I won to me because I "sniped it" and he "doesn't honor snipers"

About an hour ago I won an auction and immediately paid for it. I got an angry message right after from the seller telling me not to bother paying and that if I did he would refund the payment and not ship the item. Apparently he was angered because I sniped the item. Nevermind that I have no idea why this is frowned upon and it has happened to me in the past (pretty infrequent buyer here, but nonetheless each time I've lost it's because of a snipe).

I messaged him back asking for specific details about what offended him. I placed my bid with about a minute to go and then set a maximum bid. My original bid was outbid by another user's maximum bid but then my maximum bid ended up being higher and I won. He just told me to "save it" and hasn't messaged me back. He also threatened to ruin my reputation if I took any action against his account and called me a "scumbag".

Long story short, if I open a dispute, is there any chance I win, or can the seller cancel any order he/she wants without penalty?

Also, can someone explain to me why a seller (or anyone for that matter) would be so against sniping? I was under the impression that sniping is the best way to win and that most people do it. I just learned today that it is frowned upon by some.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)