cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return request thats unfair

I have a case pending. The buyer bought the coach bag and then paid for it. I shipped it and now she wants to return it because its too small. Now mind you it clearly stated in the auction the size of the bag nor did this customer ask any questions. They are saying that it was a mistake and they want to return. I told them I dont do returns on mistakes or buyers remorse. They said that they bought in good faith and they should be able to return it. Am I wrong? DO I eat all the fees for ebay, paypal and shipping? After this should I still offer to accept returns? or not? Whats everyones opinions on this matter?

Mahalo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Our opinion doesn't matter...

If the buyer is not happy with your response, all they have to do is open a not as described complaint in the resolution center, and if you decide to argue with them or deny their return, they can escalate the complaint by asking eBay to step in.

When that happens...

They will more than likely win the complaint, and then Ebay will issue them a prepaid shipping label on your dime, and when you get the item back, force you to refund.

If eBay steps in, you will not receive your final value fees back.

If you handle the return, you will be credited back your final value fees.

Paypal refunds their percentage when you refund, but they do keep the 30 cents.

You will lose the original shipping cost and the return cost, which are both considered losses on your Profit/Loss form when you fill out your taxes.

Answers (0)