cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wants full refund, but does not want to return item

I have a buyer who is claiming a pair of flip flops is defective.  At first it appeared whe wanted to keep the shoes, so I offered a partial refund.  She wants a full refund & refuses to send the shoes back.  She claims they are useless (which I do not agree with).  She keeps mentioning my seller rating and says she does not want to open a case, as she knows this is detrimental to my seller rating.  She says returning them is too much trouble,  but they can be mailed first class in the original shipping envelope.  How can I resolve this?

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I was asking for my daughter. 

View Entire Topic

Politely tell her you will be glad to refund as soon as you get them back.  Make sure they are in the same condition in which they were received and please package in original packing materials so no damage occurs.  Damaged items do not receive a full refund.  Also mention how much it should cost her to ship and that you will not refund more than that, if you find the slippers are actually defective.  You'll probably not get them back and she'll give up, eventually.

Threatening you with bad feedback or negative ratings is against ebay policy and you can report here if she gets carried away enough.  Do not let her get away with it.  She just wants free product.