cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wants full refund, but does not want to return item

I have a buyer who is claiming a pair of flip flops is defective.  At first it appeared whe wanted to keep the shoes, so I offered a partial refund.  She wants a full refund & refuses to send the shoes back.  She claims they are useless (which I do not agree with).  She keeps mentioning my seller rating and says she does not want to open a case, as she knows this is detrimental to my seller rating.  She says returning them is too much trouble,  but they can be mailed first class in the original shipping envelope.  How can I resolve this?

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I was asking for my daughter. 

View Entire Topic

That is a common ploy of buyers lately. Many buyers have had their ability to use the money back guarantee removed because they used it too much, and are no longer allowed to file claims. If that is the case, the buyer is trying to get help without being able to use the claims process. Another possibility is they have been warned by other members about filing too many claims, and do not want to get placed under that restriction.

Insist that the buyer return the shoes for a full refund, or there will be NO refund. Do not allow them to bully you. If they leave poor feedback, their message could be construed as feedback extortion and removed if you call customer support. Getting something for nothing is not the way to do business here.