cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BID RIGGING

How do you report a seller for bid rigging.  I was in a price war with one other buyer for an item.  The last raise did me in, I clicked on the other buyer: they were a new buyer an had only bid on one thing (the item I was bidding on).  Fast forward to after the Auction, I get a second chance notice to buy the item for the price of the next raise: meaning the other buyer (obviously fake) didnt purchase.  THis is wrong and EBAY should remove this seller.  I do I go about letting the powers that be know about this seller?

View Entire Topic

No evidence whatsoever of any wrongdoing here.

First, you do not have to buy on a SCO if you don't want to.

Second, You have no idea if the high bidder then backed out or if the seller had another one of the same item to sell.

Be kind of silly for a seller to run the price up and have to pay the final value fee (the selling commission) on the chance you might pay him for the second chance offer. Very few sco's are ever purchased. A seller could lose a lot of money making gambles that risky. Even if you did buy the SCO, the seller would be paying eBay a double fee, one for the fake sale and one for the sale to you.