cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BID RIGGING

How do you report a seller for bid rigging.  I was in a price war with one other buyer for an item.  The last raise did me in, I clicked on the other buyer: they were a new buyer an had only bid on one thing (the item I was bidding on).  Fast forward to after the Auction, I get a second chance notice to buy the item for the price of the next raise: meaning the other buyer (obviously fake) didnt purchase.  THis is wrong and EBAY should remove this seller.  I do I go about letting the powers that be know about this seller?

View Entire Topic

Quite a few buyers believe something wrong is going on when a brand new bidder joins in on an auction that another bidder loses.  Many new members sign up with ebay in order to bid on something they just found.  You started your ebay career with 0 feedback.

Being offered a SCO doesn't mean the high bidder backed out.  Not knowing what the item is, the seller may have a duplicate.  I don't often run auctions any more, but when I did, I would send a SCO if I had a duplicate.

You need to change your bidding strategy to avoid this.  Determine your highest price and bid that amount as late in the auction as possible, regardless of what others are bidding.  If you win, great.  If you lose, well, someone else was willing to pay more than you.