cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to send a corrected invoice

I just sold an item.  It was the first time I tried to sell an item where the buyer was to pay shipping.  I didn't enter the package dimension or weight and EBay listed a shipping price of $2.67, from what I can figure now based on less than 3 ounces and some default dimensions.  Before posting the item I saw the $2.67 Ebay Estimate for shipping and unwisely just added a note to item details that the $2.67 being shown by Ebay was incorrect.  I went and measured the item and added a note that the item was 17x17x8.5, weighed 10 pounds and included my location.  Now I know that i should have packaged the item and entered the dimensions and weight right then, and Ebay would have included a correct estimate but its too late as the auction has closed and the buyer has apparently been invoiced by EBay assuming shipping of $2.67 and transferred  the total of the item plus $2.67 into my Paypal account.  I was in the throes of calculating the correct shipping and sending an invoice of my own when the action to send an invoice disappeared.  I assume because the buyer's money must have shown up in my Paypal account while I was trying to write an invoice.   I had sent the buyer  a message before he sent the money but he didn't respond.  I need to send an updated invoice with the correct shipping cost, which now that i know the buyer's address is $29.79.  I know what I should have done the first time but now I need to fix this mess with a new corrected invoice or by returning the buyers money from the paypal account and cancelling the transaction.  I have told the buyer the current situation by contacting him a second time and asking how he would like to proceed,  but to date he has not responded.  IS it possible to send a revised invoice after someone has already transferred money?  Should I cancel the transaction and will that automatically return the money from my Paypal account.  What is the best way to go from here? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)