cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login History

I got an email from eBay that fraudulent activity has occured with my account, and I need to change my password. The email did not mention what that fraudulent activity was. Many sites have login history, which will show where you have logged in, what type of device, location, IP settings, etc. Does eBay have such an option, because I would like to be able to track when this type of activity is occuring?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

See the tool in section two it will show what devices are logged on and you can log them all off.   

Follow ALL of these steps. 

#1 You need to report to eBay Customer Service that your account has been stolen. Here is a direct link to report a hijacked account. This phone number is available 24/7, and usually has a short wait time.
http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?query=1586

#2  Use this link to find out if you have any orphaned eBay sessions that are still active. Many of these orphaned sessions will be your own, but you should end all but your current session. This will kick the hacker out (he is probably using the "Stay signed in" box to maintain his session even if you change the password).

signinalert.ebay.com/sgninalrt/sessions

#3  Check your cell phone number to make sure it's correct BEFORE changing your password and make sure that it is your number (so the hacker can't get the new password texted to them). 
When your account has been hacked, you need to check and correct all of your contact information (addresses, email addresses, phone numbers) and change your password.

#4 When you get your account back in your control, make sure that you change your password again, and change the security questions as well (because the hacker will have been able to see them). Don't use the same password as you use on other sites.

When your account gets hacked, it is almost always because your computer has malware on it, so run your antivirus and antimalware scans, and let them get rid of anything they find. Or, because your email account was hacked. So do what is needed to secure your email account as well. If you don't secure your email account then the hacker can get back in again easily.
If packages have been sent to the wrong address, since you know the name and address and tracking number, you may be able to get it redirected to your own address. You can contact the USPS online, to see if that is possible

I am a community help board volunteer and not an eBay employee.

Answers (0)