cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Ebay motors work?

I have a seller that is saying they will send the car to my house through ebay motors to allow me to test drive it before I decide to purchase it. They state that if I decide not to purchase then they will pick up the car with ebay motors at no expense to me. Is this a thing? I'm not too familiar with ebay motor process and they arent asking for any money upfront. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

First question:  Exactly on what site did you find the listing for this vehicle? Unless it was actually on eBay, with an eBay item #, you are looking a scam.

Ebay has no involvement whatsoever with anything listed elsewhere.  Why would they?

Why would any seller with any brains ship a vehicle to a total stranger, at his own expense, for a trial period? Make sense to you?

You are going to be asked to buy some cards, iTunes, green cards, just some cards.

You are going to be asked to send the seller the numbers off those cards.  But, of course, he won't redeem the cards until you assure him you want to keep the car.

There is no soldier, widow, divorcee.  There is no eBay warehouse where the car is stored.  There is actually no car.  There is just a scum bag trying to take your money.  CL has a warning about this, but you have to scroll down to read it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

That is NOT how Ebay Motors works. You are being scammed. Was this vehicle listed ON Ebay by an Ebay seller? The red flag words in your post are "through Ebay Motors" and "with Ebay Motors"

The only way to purchase a vehicle on Ebay is to bid on it and win or do the Buy It Now. You go inspect the vehicle and test drive it....if it meets with your approval you pay for the vehicle at that time.