cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

checking in

Hi, folks! I've noticed there are members who haven't checked into the group for over a year. I figure that even if you don't have something to add, it's great to have this as a site for reference or info. I'm going to do some housecleaning, so if you still want to be a member, please check in. That means, take a stroll through and check something out so your last visit is within the year. I can understand we all get busy. You folks take care. taz listowner/moderator
At Addicted to Hemp, we do embroidery, sublimation, quilting, painting, sewing, and upholstery with natural fabrics such as hemp, tencel, silk, and cotton. We even dabble in a bit of leather now and then!
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

checking in

dixieglider
Enthusiast
This can be a great place to swap info on routes to take, places to stay (and not stay) I enjoy traveling in my RV. Been about as far as you can drive in an RV. North and South America. Come on folks, lots talk about where to go and see and the place's not to go. This can be a good Forum Dixieglider
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

checking in

I agree. I also belong to a lot of groups on yahoogroups that have the same information. Great idea! taz
At Addicted to Hemp, we do embroidery, sublimation, quilting, painting, sewing, and upholstery with natural fabrics such as hemp, tencel, silk, and cotton. We even dabble in a bit of leather now and then!
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

checking in

jdwyacht
Enthusiast
We are new to the group. My wife is a travel nurse and I am a retired engineer. Since my wife has not retired from her company yet we travel around in our Bounder MH. We move to each location/assignment she contracts with. Most contracts are around 13 weeks but they can be two weeks. We really enjoy it. I sometimes take part time jobs for fishing money. I have been an Ebay seller and buyer for several years. I sold my machine shop equipment on Ebay a couple years ago as one bid. Lost some money on the deal but thats okay,,,needed to sell it. As with everyone we)also belong to several groups (yahoo). We look forward to conversing with yaul!! Later!!!
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

checking in

kgustov
Enthusiast
We can't wait till we are able to buy an RV and travel. We have been to Niagara Falls and the Grand canyon in our jeep Grand Cherokee and Town and Country....believe me the T & C is a much better ride but we are expecting an even more comfortable ride once we get a motor home...not to mention the pottyy stop will happen at 65-70 miles an hour on the highway lol... If you can before you go to the great rv site in the sky, visit the grand canyon in Arizona. It is an unbelievable sight from the rim and if you can afford it take a plane ride over the canyon on Canyon Air. You will see things that will awe you. Niagara Falls is beautiful too but I think the Grand Canyon is more RV friendly and the cool night air is great fort cookouts and sleeping.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

checking in

kgustov
Enthusiast
Almost forgot....we went camping in southern Illinois over spring break. I've learned to put my shoes in ziplock bags at night I received a possible brown recluse bite on my toe almost lost the toe! my podiatrist performed three procedures and saved it. So needless to say either spray insect repellent on your shoes or store them in large zip lock baggies at night while sleeping. I don't mean to scare ya's because we had a great time and the hiking was wonderful up until the night of THE BITE! The tent is a three room with unpenatrible screens we think maybe the spider cast away while stored in our dark storeroom in basement....This would make a great fireside scary story over halloween especially when I put my foot in the grandkids faces while telling the story!
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

checking in

Just came back from Flying Flags in Buellton, California. Great time! Weather was warm, bit windy in the afternoon, and cool at night. What a great combination! Hope all of you are enjoying the Fall! taz
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

checking in

ddldumplin
Enthusiast
I am an new to this group. My family lives in the central valley of California and we mostly take our 5th wheel to Lake Tahoe and the coast. I am addicted to hookups, so I prefer campgrounds with hookups. My friends laugh, but with three kids and a pug, I just prefer them. Our retirement dream is to upgrade and travel the US. But we have a long ways to go (about 20 years). Dee
Message 8 of 8
latest reply