cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMG_0017.JPGHi everyone! My husband & I love to RV, but unfortunately  we do'nt get to but about 3 months out of the year because we live in MN., but now that I found your group maybe chatting with others who also enjoy camping will make it easier for me to get threw our winters.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Leftyforever,

Welcome to the group but there only about 2 of us active in the group so it is nice to have another member.  My name is Judy and I live near Yosemite in California.  My husband and I have been retired from teaching about 12 years.  We started with a Pop up tent trailer which went many places.  Then we traded it in about 5 years ago for a small travel trailer.  It is just under 19 feet but perfect for the 2 of us and our dog.  It has a slide out with a couch and a nice bed, little cooking area and a small bathroom.  We have put many miles on it, but do not take trips for longer then 10 days.  No snowbirding for us.  We have cats and 2 acres to take care of.  

We enjoy RV and stay mostly in parks with full hookups.  We have been to Montana on one trip and also to Texas twice.  We usually take short trips to Nevada and around California.  I do crafts and also sell on eBay.  I sell postcards so easy to pack in the trailer and mail on the road.  We are in our early 70s so do not go as often as we like.  I am ready for a trip.

***...***Judy***...***
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Our trailer

***...***Judy***...***
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi Lefty. Hope you are still around. Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. What size 5th wheel is that? I have a 5th wheel in AZ that I leave there and I just love it. Used to drive a 32' Class C and tow my little red Ford Focus. Husband died so income died too and can no longer afford the gas. I really miss our camping trips. We have been to all 50 states and all but 3 of the Canadian Probences. We went to Newfoundland 3 times and I do hope to make that a 4th time. Being retired, we would go for 3 to 4 months at a time. We would only drive 4 hours a day which gave us time to set up and then explore the area. We would also drive for a couple of days and then take a couple of days off at a campground. We traveled with my Shih Tzu pup and his black cat. I still travel with the pup and she loves it.

Sure hope you come back.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply