cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenticated Bracelet Return. Couldn’t Believe the Packaging.

Received my bracelet back yesterday. I was absolutely shocked at the packaging by the GIA authentication people. It was a small box, totally wrapped in brown tape..could hardly get it open.

Finally I opened it, and could not believe my eyes…These big time authenticators shipped my packaged FEDEX in a USPS FLAT RATE BOX. Excuse me while I start my rant on misuse of postal supplies, but that is illegal. USPS shipping supplies are for shipping USPS not anything else. 

I wonder how many boxes they have taken for free. 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I remember when sellers were turning the free usps priority boxes inside out,

then usps got smart and started printing usps on the inside of the box , this is going back !

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Yes I remember. Do you know how much the GIA makes…cannot find the exact amount, but a bunch. 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

You should report the authenticators to USPS.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I will. The postal inspectors will love that.  That is such a big company they know better.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

You assume that they weren’t reusing a box that they had received from an inbound delivery?

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

THE EXACT SAME THING JUST HAPPENED TO ME TOO>... and inside of the box was a bunch of wadded up re-used bubble wrap with left over tape and stuff on it.... along with my necklace that is worth quite a bit of money, half falling out of a cheap paper jewelry box and inside of a used ziplock bag.  I was totally disappointed from start to finish with my authentication proceedure and return....   But I decided to photograph my box, and then peel all the brown paper tape off to see if they were just reusing the box and doing the "reuse/recycle"..... or.....   And as I suspected, there is no sign of the box being used before, no previous label or label residue.... for all intent it looks like a brand new priority box, covered in brown paper.... they are using USPS priority boxes because you can get them for free from USPS.... They are using these boxes instead of buying them.   If they would have just kept my box and sent my return back to me in the packaging I sent, I'd be OK with that.  I paid for my box, and my brand new bubble wrap, and my brand new zip lock bag.....   When they returned my item... it looked utterly TRASHY.  

See photographs attached for evidence.14K necklace1.jpg14K necklace2.jpg14K necklace3.jpg14K necklace4.jpg14K necklace5.jpg14K necklace6.jpg14K necklace8B.jpg

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

REPORT them to USPS!!!!!!!!

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I am trying to upload the picture of mine…exactly the same. For some reason I cannot find the picture icon. Anyway, mine is the same. 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

We are paying so much money for this service....  Doesn't it seem odd... I also fear that if THAT is how they sent the necklace to my customer.... no wonder she returned it saying "it looked prettier in the pictures".    I mean seriously... it makes me wonder how our items are being sent to our buyers.... and WHAT they did with my nicer packaging that I sent my item in to them?  Did they just reuse it?  Or did they throw it away?   What are they doing with our stuff, and shouldn't we get those items back?  I paid for my boxes, bubble wrap, etc...  I think I should get my stuff back that I paid for...  Because I take pride in what I send to buyers, and I buy nicer stuff...  I mean shouldn't we get that back with our returns?  Not wadded up in a priority box with used and taped up bubble wrap that looks like a bunch of trash??

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@stacy_1971 @myfrugalboutique @oldschool718 

I suggest you bring this up with Ina at e-commerce bytes,  write to her and it should get some attention.  This is a serious issue and needs to be on the right platform not this jewelry forum where there is few posters here.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

devon@ebay  kyle@ebay  elizabeth@ebay  shippingteam@ebay - is anyone addressing this issue with GIA? 

Misuse of USPS supplies is a huge problem and may even be a federal crime.

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/How-do-I-Use-or-Reuse-Boxes-Properly

The terms of Agreement for the use of United States Postal Service shipping supplies is as follows: I understand that Priority Mail Express service, Priority Mail service, Global Express Guaranteed, Priority Mail Express International and Priority Mail International packaging is the property of the United States Postal Service and is provided solely for sending Priority Mail Express, Priority Mail, Global Express Guaranteed, Priority Mail Express International and Priority Mail International. Misuse may be a violation of federal law.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I do email her occasionally..will do that today. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Consider this recycling ,

But people need to know the limits ,

I would never reuse bubble wrap with old tape stuck to it, just saying !

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I have an issue with the authenticators of how they package our items to the customers. I would expect GIA to pack jewelry very well and presentable before sending it.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply