cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sterling pendants celtic?

if there are are they like piral love knots?

and do u think the pearl would be real in sterling

and what are the faux diamonds.....czS maybe?

thanks ahead j

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

bump please
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

The pearl could be real...yes as cultured pearls are manufactured rather inexpensively these days in China but cannot tell for certain from the photo. And as far as the round pendant ...cubic zirconia or CZ's. As far as the cross I would say it has a "beadwork" accent or "beaded ball" accent ....

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The Cross is not Celtic, it is a Fleur-de-Lis (French for Lily Flower) cross which is adorned with lily petals at the arm ends. While the other two have spiral designs, I would not classify them as Celtic either. Also, a genuine pearl is "gritty" when you run your tooth across it, whereas faux pearls are smooth. Hope that helps!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

To discern if items are sterling silver....get yourself a magnet...Sterling silverwill not have any pull or stick to it. Gold, copper, and I think solid brass are also non magnetic. Best Wishes, Wind
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Curious... I don't think I would call any of them Celtic, but how do you know they are faux diamonds? From your photo, they could be Diamonds, white Topaz, Zircon, Cubic Zirconia, etc.

Years ago, before CZ's became economical, Zales and other sellers of economical jewelry used a lot of Zircons (not made made Cubic Zirconia), which are actually more rare than diamonds. We buy a lot of them for that very reason, but have found that over 95% sold online are actually CZ's with an unlimited supply.

My advice is typically to look up a jewelry store in the 'yellow pages' for one that buys jewelry and then take items to at least two buyers for a free appraisal --- as if you are wanting to sell... which most of the time, people are wanting to sell. If polite and ask the right questions, you will at least know what it is and the bottom wholesale price. Don't go to a pawn shop, because if they don't know, don't have a degree in gemology as an expert, they have to stay on the safe side by low-balling value offer.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Maybe this will help.... Most silver plated items will have a core of brass, copper, zinc or even aluminum, which are non-magnetic. If a magnet sticks, you have an easy decision, but if it does not, you are going to have to test item with a scratch and then visual with a loop for copper or brass color... which is easier than if zinc or aluminum. With zinc or aluminum, which visually appear a silver color in the already created scratch, you will have to do an acid test with fresh supplies.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply