cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question on Coro rose brooch

I looked on several sites for this Coro stamp.  I just remember Coro being reproduced now.  So my question is on dating this brooch.  Also it has a very pretty green/blue wash color over the silver.  Would you say light wash over silver or is this a light enamel?  I am confused and need help.  Thanks everyone for any information.IMG_3492.JPG

IMG_3493.JPG

IMG_3494.JPG

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

That is a Coro Pegasus mark.  There is a similar one listed with light blue enamel.  Does not seem like one that would be faked.  A fabulous resource for marks is the Researching Costume Jewelry Site, by Illusion Jewels.  The Coro book by Marcia Brown says the mark was first used 1945, but does not say how long it was used.

Sparklies are forever!
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Where did you see that Coro was being reproduced?

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Looking at the closeups, I am seeing little dark spots which has me thinking the blue green color might be something to do with Verdigris. I have seen similar. Re this being a copy. I think the crispness of the finish shows this piece to be an original. Also copies I have seen for other Makers usually have the Mark obliterated.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I didn't see anything on Coro now being reproduced - thinking more of fakes out there.  I did look up the history of Coro which is now out of business.  Usually when I have a Coro piece to list I check current and sold pieces looking for something that matches.  Just didn't see anything like this.  So hoping someone might give me an idea of age.  

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Correction on my last post.   Doing more research and went to our Research and Reference Link - Coro stopped  production in USA in 1979.  A Canada company bought them and produces jewelry.  Not sure if they use the Coro mark.  On my brooch this mark was used after WWII so  general dating is 1950-1979.  So if anyone can date this one it would be great.  Going to look at listings again.  

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Found the other brooch on an active listing.  Looking at my brooch my flower bends to the right - the other one bends to the left.  I think a buyer should buy both of them as a pair!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply