cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where To List?

In looking for a crystal bead for  Cleio this morning..I realized I have waaaaay too much bits & pcs  strictly for harvest, that I will prob never need.  For sure time to clean house!  

I guesstimate  prolly 7-8 lbs (after removing any true cwap like chains or something that is totally useless) of different types of stones, etc..a mix of vtg & newer in this broken stuff.  There will prolly even be some items that could  be fixed..don`t plan on scrutinizing it very close

So I`m wondering where is the best place to put it?   I don`t even mind doin 2 categories . I tried to search  it out (big Ha Ha!) & I see this kind of 'harvest stuff' listed in too many different categories

or would I be better off pullin out all the good vintage harvest item & listing it alone? 

Thanx for any advice

Heres a quick shot

DSCN5502.JPG

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Where To List?

Just send it to me then you won't have to worry about it! Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Where To List?

@rusty_diamonds wrote:

Just send it to me then you won't have to worry about it! Smiley Wink

Cat Very Happy

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Where To List?

Would the shipping cost be prohibitive if sold on an auction site?

What about C-list - that would be more local and a buyer could just pick up the purchase. Beaders and jewelry designers would probably love to obtain a stash like you have.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Where To List?

I don't know if the category matters as much as the description. Just have the right key words and the audience will find it. I don't know the value of the lot it eBay is flooded with lots of findings and spare parts at bargain prices.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Where To List?

Seriously, Sarah when searching for repair lots my search is "vintage rhinestone repair lot" U.S. only @ lowest price first and Buy it Now. Then I check ending soonest.

I usually find what I'm looking for. Of course the first place I check is favorite sellers.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Where To List?

Ahh I see. But  this is mostly just for harvesting  stones &  parts.. even tho most is broken vintage stuff.. not for repair..so maybe in the crafting arena. I dunno..need to look thru it to get a better idea of what I have I guess

Thanks! 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Where To List?

First of all thank you for this question becuase I have boxes of  partial lots of estate and local auction finds that I have not listed.  I searched the vintage jewlery lot listings yesterday and didn't see any bids on auctions even with some of the ittems looked nice.  So hope others give ideas on where to list large lots and jewelry repair lots.   I'm not sure to list in one large lot or put items up one by one.  

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Where To List?

you know you need to check the backs and look for designer names right?? no way would I sell that as a lot you'll never get what they are worth. if it's perfect and has a designer name sell it separately ..I sell some of my MIL's old clip on earring for really good prices.upwards of 15$ depending on the name. I would sell it as a lot in vintage jewelry..maybe 2 lots one for repairs and one for fully functioning..but it is jewelry not beads as such.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Where To List?

1st off just from past experiance, I would seperate into smaller lots.. You do not want someone to pick  and choose , then return for a full refund..You need to count how many items in each lot. Do not lump together! Take out all gold and silver and clearly state in you listing no gold or silver in this lot.

I sold a mixed lot one time and did not sort, did not itemize and when the buyer got the lot, I got a nasty e-mail and a neg, that said it was all junk and no gold or silver. I replied , I never said it was a harvest lot for gold or silver, and please return and I will refund. They stated "I can not return it ALL went into the garbage as soon as I opened it!" . I reported them to e-bay and the neg was removed..

Another time I sold a mixed harvest rhinestone lot, and it was returned because it was missing stones , broken backe and so on.. When I got it back all the clasps were removed and some of the nicer stones.. Nothing I could do..

So now I list small lots of broken or ware repair and detail each piece. JMHO

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Where To List?

This is 100% stuff to harvest the stones from...if anything can be repaired it isnt but a few things.  No major names I can guarantee that..been sellin jewelry since the 80`s. No gold or silver either. 

I was only curious as to  whether to put in Crafts or is there a category for 'harvest items'..that`s what I was wondering. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply