cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wedding Cake Beaded Necklace?

20150524_094651.jpgAre these wedding cake beads and are they Murano glass or Venetian glass? Just so I know how do you tell the difference? Is the clasp missing a piece or does it just slip in? I picked them up at auction last night for 10.00 and thought they were pretty. 

20150524_094753.jpg20150524_094626.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The hairpin sort of hook is missing.  Murano is an island off Venice,so the terms have pretty much become interchangeable.  Not sure I'd call them wedding cake because they are very dimensional.  Almost a frit glass, but you could probably use wedding cake as a descriptor

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

lovely
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Beads so confuse me lol so if these are not wedding cake beads can you show me an example so I will know?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

These look like lampwork student beads. Like an early attempt at making Wedding Cake style beads? Just a guess though.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thank you go figure I get the junk beads lol 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

SB4042-1.jpg

Here is a pair of wedding cake bead earrings signed Italy.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

google search .....japan lampwork wedding cake

Photobucket
"Today is a Gift that is why it is called the Present"
Sheila
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Sandy I see yours have more gold than mine those are very pretty. Sheila mine looks alot like Japan ones thank you both

Message 9 of 9
latest reply