cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too stinkin' hot Eye Candy Wednesday

Post some if you got some!  Please remember to keep the pictures smallish, and as always no current auctions.  

101_0067.JPG

Not jewelry - a test shot of my current use for my old turntable.

101_0073.JPG

Old religios medals.  The one on the right is really damaged.

101_0048.JPG

10 karat gold and opal with ruby accents.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Those opal earrings are soooo lovely!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I love opal earrings. Funny story for you, On my wedding day my husbands Aunt gives me her mother's opal earrings. One day I was wearring them we had a English Bulldog well he was a puppy still grabbed my ear of comes the earring I freak holding the dog between my knees I have my whole hand in his mouth fishing around for it finally find it. I told hubby when he got home the panic on his face was funny then I said I got it. I have never worn them since. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I love opals, too, but they are so fragile and I am such a clutz..... I admire them from a distance.  Those are lovely.

Well, this ring I posted on weekend treasures was a real enigma.  I contacted a turquoise expert, and he identified this stone as chalcociderite, a rare phosphate found wtih turquoise.  He said the stone was a really good example.  I posted it on several threads, and a reply came back it was poor quality due to pitting inside the band... he said if it is ingot silver, it is not uncommon.  

20150802_175435-1-1 (620x640).jpg

20150802_175500-1 (640x472).jpg

Then I got this ring at the antique show Sunday.  William Denetdale, Navajo silversmith.  The overlay is 14k, I believe the turquoise is from the Kingsman mine

20150803_095219-1 (640x526).jpg

20150803_094929-1 (640x560).jpg

20150803_094951-1-1 (640x592).jpg

Tomorrow's another day.Tomorrow's another day.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I love opals!

My wedding ring has opal inlays. Hubby's birthstone is moonstone, but I couldn't find any amethyst and moonstone rings I liked, so I went with opal instead. Amethyst is my birthstone.

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 5 of 5
latest reply