cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technique on old bracelet?

I have this bracelet I can't figure out. The metal is very oxidized, was nearly black,,thought it was copper due to its darkness but it is silver in color and obviously has a high copper content judging by the darkness of the metal before polishing. The settings are what I am unsure of - they clink like glass - when you look at the backs, though, it looks poured, and at the same time, enameled - there are speckles in the surface along with a fingerprint in one of them. Does anyone know what this technique is? Thanks --

IMG_2279.JPGIMG_2281.JPGIMG_2284.JPG

"Free" shipping is like "free" kittens. Ain't no such thing.
eBay buyer and seller since January, 1998 - Former member of the "Answer Center Irregulars"....In memory of flowerpot.4
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The first photo has a lowered exposure to show the texture of the back.

eBay buyer and seller since January, 1998 - Former member of the "Answer Center Irregulars"....In memory of flowerpot.4
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Maybe try researching "Russian Finift Enamel Bracelet". I think Finift items are a faux silver.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you, I will do that!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

That was too easy - looks like that is what she is - thank you so much - just when you think you've seen it all you get one that stumps you. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Great news, I am glad we were able to figure this out 🙂

Message 6 of 6
latest reply