cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair or Pitch?

So I don't do repairs not even simple ones to scared of screwing it up.After my favorite necklace broke, I asked around on some collector boards and a lady in Seattle was highly recommended. So I sent off a few pieces to get repaired. Just got a call from them, they cannot repair my necklaceSmiley Sad Any thoughts or suggestions? She said the metal is too thick to be soldered and that using glue would not work.....I know she is probably right but I am praying for a miracle...It will be a few weeks before I get them all back, as they can repair my others...Simple gluing in stones and cleaningSmiley Happy

miracleP3230003.JPGP3230001.JPG

P3230002.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Repair or Pitch?

I see from the way it is set that glue wouldn't work, but how about some type of liquid solder that comes in a tube, like they use for plumbing or  maybe even JB weld (that comes in a tube too)--those are really tough types of glue and could be found in any hardware store.  If it is for sale I probably wouldn't try it but if it was mine and I just wanted to wear it, it would be worth a shot.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Repair or Pitch?

Thanks, Not for Sale, just mine. I would hate to junk it......It's one of my favorites. I've only worn it a few times. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Repair or Pitch?

Have you considered just adding a pretty triangular  cabachon?

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Repair or Pitch?

Have it laser welded.