cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pewter Modernist ring, has a mark but I give up !

Hi Group !I have been going blind trying to make out this mark on this pewter and glass modernist ring.

I'm thinking it may be Swedish but I'm not sure, just a hunch.

Any thoughts to age and maker/origin ?

modern1.jpg

modern2.jpg

modern3.jpg

modern4.jpg

modern5.jpg

modern6.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Check out Anne Marie Chagnon, a Montreal based designer. This looks very similar to her work, and the signature looks as if it might be Chagnon.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you Arlene, I think you've got it !

Finally. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Great work Arlene!

I had a feeling it was going to turn out to be a Canadian (with a French name) and knew you would be the most likely to have the answer.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hi OCN!

What you say is so true .... if it looks Scandinavian and is done in pewter, chances are it might very well  be a Quebec designer!

Jewelry designers in Montreal especially seem to have an enduring love affair with the Scandinavian look ....I really like it and enjoy the work of these artisans. Recently Darveau seems to be gaining some interest, but will never catch up to prices fetched by Larin and Vidal, probably because Darveau is still working, and producing jewelry, from what I have read online.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

🙂

I agree that there are similarities with Scandinavian pieces. To my eye the difference that draws me to Canadian Designers is that the Jewelry seems less structured and more organic, if that makes sense. I have only two signed pieces a Larin ring and the Vidal Necklace I posted here a while back. The few pieces I have, I consider myself lucky, as I am so far away from the heart of the design community.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply