cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions on the strange looking C Clasp pin please

new mix 146.JPGnew mix 149.JPG

new mix 148.JPG

It looks like it is silver plated and the bottom looks like it is supposed to be curled up   C clasp closure makes it older???   The stone almost looks like tier's eye in purple molded glass   What are your thoughts on age, etc?   Thank you 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Yepper.older for sure.  Marie might be able to give ya more info on it..reminds me of a sash pin and that`s her 'thang'  Cat Wink  Course might just be a brooch  lol) 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I agree older probably from about the turn of the century.  However I don't think the stones are original to the piece.  The center stone doesn't look as though it fits properly and the one pearl that I can see the side of is a bead rather than a stone.  It's a pretty piece and could be restored if you had the right stones. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Good eye, Sandy..I see the bead hole now.

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I kinda thought the color combo was off but then WTHDIK!
Any ideas what the stones might have been? I have lots of stuff I've harvested
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

If I were restoring/restoning this piece I would start with a center stone of faceted glass of a sold color, citrine, ameythst, blue topaz, ruby or maybe a pink?  Then the cups that are on the side appear to be pointed from the back which leads me to believe the stones there were probably complimentary faceted rhinestones to the center stone.  Play with it and look at old brass sash pins to see what was popular.  Good luck. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Ooh. Very cool ideas. Ty

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Hi, here I am 🙂 Yeppers, it's a Victorian sash pin, one of my obsessions! I agree the stone and pearls look like replacements. It is well over 100 years old and often stones are replaced. They probably would have been brighter like Sandy said. If you don't want to try and restore it you can sell it as is and leave any restoration up to the buyer.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Ok. I'll see what I have and show you here before I fool with it. Then if it's s no go. I'll sell as is. Ty for all the help!!!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply