cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One More please :) Malachite Heavy and long clip back Earrings maker and era??

August ebay 028.jpg

August ebay 040.jpg

These things are huge 3.5" and heavy. I think I see a small marking right under the loop there kinda looks like a bell and under that scratch looking mark I see 35 etched.

Any help with the maker or even an era to list these in would help bunches.

August ebay 035.jpg

This is the only other marking I can find maybe scratches?? but one looks like a "V" with a dot over it?? Thanks again 🙂

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Did you test the metal?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I can't see much from the pictures but Gauntlet is spot on...be sure to test these, they look like gold.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Sorry do not know the bell Mark .

Love the design and matte gold finish . Absolutely beautiful . 💜 

My WAG on age .....I would say say the large size could be 80's or modern . When you say they are heavy , I lean more towards 80's as modern designs are usually more light weight . 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thanks , sorry for the lousy pictures,,I can hardly make out the mark. I think they are gold plated. There seems to be some minimal wear on the edges of the dangles that clue me in to the plating.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

The second picture from the top looks like A then 3 under it. Probably confused you even more lol

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I have to respectively disagree. These don't look like gold to me, but it doesn't hurt to test them or have a jeweler test them, as others suggested.

I'm sorry I can't help with the maker.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thin line of silver on the edges of the drops? The color on my screen looks to be 22K,so it could be bi-metal.There also appears to be a hammered surface on the loop soldered to the bezel,very unusual "extra" for a "plated" inexpensive jewelry piece.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thanks again everyone, I will try to get a better picture of the mark tonight and see if I can also get a picture of the marking under the "scratch" .

The loop is like a honeycomb design for lack of a better term.

They kinda remind me of Oscar De La Renta

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Got more pictures 🙂

August ebay 001.jpg

August ebay 007-001.jpg

August ebay 006-001.jpg

I am almost sure these are plated, as you can see there is some wear in the second picture.  I actually had someone pm me to tell me to get them checked for gold 🙂

Thanks again for all your help everyone.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

These remind me of the modern designer Sheila Fajl . Brazilian born and now resides in California . She makes fine and costume jewelry pieces that look like this . She loves to use the brushed ( matte ) metals in gold and silver mixed with semi precious gemstones . She also likes fine details like the hammered loops and the setting on these earrings . Even on her costume pieces . 

Every time I looked at your pictures I thought about her so I thought I would throw it out there . It's worth looking into . You probably could email message her studio . Good luck ! 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 11 of 11
latest reply