cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old brooch or wishfull thinking?

Anyone recognize this brooch style? Silver tone art deco filigree? No marks that I can see.  I 'm thinking it's modern/newer with a antique look?  All information/direction is

appreciated.  IMG_8770.JPGIMG_8780.JPGIMG_8787.JPG

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

It's hard to see in the picture , but I think the pin back has a newer swivel closure vs. the older  " C "  clasp , or even the first editions of the swivel .  Can you take a close up of the pin closure ? 

Mermaid

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Also the texture on the back makes me think 70's - 80's , but let's see what the other Joolies think . 

Mermaid ️ 

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

I agree with Dana..I think might be even newer

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

I agree this is a modern cast reproduction on a 20th Century (possibly Edwardian) Filigree piece.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Thank you all for taking time from the football games to respond!  I thought it newer but needed your expert opinions before I let it go.  Milkshakes for all!

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

My camera skills aren't very good, no matter how hard I try.  The swivel closure is not like the open C clasp's on some of my for sure older pieces.  This one completely loops and closes inside the ring.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Kinda reminds me of items from the 1928 Jewelry Company. I don`t know what the newer ones look like on the back, however

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

I agree with Sarah , I was also thinking it might be 1928 Company .

Mermaid

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Wish I could remember where I got it, Kohls clearance maybe, thrift store, I don't know. I found a couple of similar styled brooches listed that are identified as 1928 Jewelry. Their jewelry seems a bit more defined and better made then this piece or maybe it's the poor quality of my picture.  I will look at it again but I feel safe saying it is a modern piece made to look old. The back side is just too "silvery" to be old.  Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me. 

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

My money's on Kohl's or similar; I'm not seeing any age on it. It's not 1928; the back texture is all wrong.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

I've put it on slow mode so I can list my better stuff.  Looks like my light has been turned on and I have lookers and bidders!  Oh happy day.  Got to keep busy before I go dark again. Smiley LOL I really appreciate your input.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Don't know if this will help or not,,,but another company named "Sweet Romance" is doing a lot of the older styles.....some of their brooches have a "similiar" texture. Maybe worth checking out??? Good luck with your piece,,,I have lotsa stuff in "slow mode"  too:)

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

TBMC

FYI - your green Avon lariat necklace is one of the pieces D & E Juliana made for Avon.  You may want to indicte this in your listing and/or title, as it is a popular piece.

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

I did not know that!  Thank you so much for checking me. Hope I didn't list it for a nickel. 

Message 15 of 20
latest reply