cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT what's up with EBay search??????

so I'm trying to find a certain widgit. I type in my search and it states 8 items, BUT I can only see 1 item???? So I'm clicking on auction, shows me 1 listing, click on BIN shows me 1 listing?????? click on completed, shows me 1 listing!!!!! no wonder sales are in the dumper unamused

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Sometimes it helps to go all the way back to the Ebay homepage before searching.  I find I get more items that way.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I think eBay not only has fed the gremlins after mid-night but spilt water on them too.  They just keep multiplying.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Would that be an oxymoron??   Cat Very Happy

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

OMG I was so angry! I was trying to search Betty Thomas Sanel and I backed out and went back in and I keep getting the same results fustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feeding the gremlins and giving them water is right 🙂 I can do a general search "vintage necklace" and I get a bazillion items. Try to seach for something specific and forget about it.......

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

LOL. Sorry. I know it's not funny when you're looking for someting specific and not finding it. 

Ebay should try drowning the gremlins once and for all if you ask me, and go back to the good 'ol days when searches worked. . . . pinch me. I may be dreaming.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I saw different single listings when I changed the sort order - time ending soonest vs most expensive, etc.  There's a "tell us what you think" link, so they got an earful. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

There's another tricky little search setting a lot of people don't know about.  When you call up a search, look under the "Sort" and "View" fields in the top right and you'll see "Guaranteed 3 Day Delivery."  Make sure that button is not lit up or it will cut your seach volume by about 2/3.  If it is lit up you'll only see those items that offer 3 day delivery.   I had to call ebay the other day with a relatively simple question, and after going through 2 CSR's, I came to the realization that things are so gummed up that even the reps can't help much anymore - and they agreed with me!  Yes, I miss the old days...

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Well the search seems to be working correctly now 🙂 I was so angry yesterday. I do the bulk of my listings early in the day Friday when I get out of work. I kept running into this road block when searching completed and it just got my undies in a bunch 🙂 Thanks to everyone for listing to my rantheart  

Message 9 of 9
latest reply