cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not that I'm complaining, but ????

All of a sudden, just this weekend things have been flying off the shelves.  Flying for me at least.  Normally it all but shuts down in July and August and right now all sorts of odds and ends have been moving.  Things that have been sitting for months,  all of a sudden...zap.    

One of the odder ones sold early this week  - a fantasy belt buckle that went to Germany.  The buyer already has it, so it must have sailed right through Customs.  What a German wanted with a Rough Riders (Teddy Roosevelt, Spanish American War) commemorative piece I haven't a clue.  

Is this happening to anyone else?  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Yes!!!

this just sold ... it has been listed since 2015

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362385030366

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 2 of 27
latest reply

kuddos to you evelyb30! I hope the movement comes over to my side soon. slower than a snail lately 😞

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

It has been so slow here also

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

This has come up before-and happened to me too. Some compare it to eBay "turning on the light" and actually showing your items in search. Hope it continues!

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Fairly good sales here too, although not particularly high priced items.  But I'm glad to see any sort of movement.

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

I had my first bidding war! A rare Tarfari brooch - 3 ladies in Russia wanted it.  Sold for 215. WOW  Just shipped it a couple of days ago so keeping my fingers crossed. The winner had an address in USA address.  I shipped it a small priority box and added insurance to cover the full price of sale.   IMG_3393.JPG

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

I call it the Sales Fairy.

The funny thing that happened to me was when I was winding down my eBay store, taking items down as they ended, suddenly stuff that had sat for months started flying out the door. I had my best month in over a year. It was almost like they saw what I was doing and tried to get me to stay. No dice - but the Sales Fairy is platform- independent. It's often the stuff that I haven't been promoting that turns up on my Orders tab.

flotsamlogo
Message 8 of 27
latest reply

It's been farly steady here, too.  You just never know what is going to go or when.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Good for you! That's Awesome..Keep it up whatever your doing...8))
Kimberly M Burt
Message 10 of 27
latest reply

I've also wondered if a sudden smattering of one's sales is a result of Ebay's search.  As if on a given week a seller's items were more featured than other weeks. (??)

Definitely have had days where multiple unrelated stagnant items sold. Get's you wondering.   Oh well, let's hope it keeps happening!

I esp. love it when something I had given up on sells!

An estate sale is my natural habitat...

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Sweet sale dins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

@dins9187 wrote:

I had my first bidding war! A rare Tarfari brooch - 3 ladies in Russia wanted it.  Sold for 215. WOW  Just shipped it a couple of days ago so keeping my fingers crossed. The winner had an address in USA address.  I shipped it a small priority box and added insurance to cover the full price of sale.   IMG_3393.JPG

I posted this in the great finishes thread:)

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

It was all the odds and sods that went too.  On another weird note, Lithium says there are 13 messages in this thread, but I can only see three.  

Edit: posted this, went back to look because the thread still said 13, and voila there all of them were.  Weird.  This has been happening for a while now.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 14 of 27
latest reply

Love the brooch 

Message 15 of 27
latest reply