cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Necklace style & is this turquoise?

Good morning everyone,

This necklace tests 925, no marking. The neckace is reversable, as the stone is a bit different on the reverse of the slab. 

What style would you call this, layered  bib?  The color is much darker blue/green than most I've seen, so maybe you could assist with the type if stone it is.  

DSC05347.JPG

DSC05348.JPG

I look so forward to reading your thoghts

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I've always thought of this style of necklace as one being made in India.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

The stone looks like eilat. Lucky you it is silver, sometimes these pieces are silver, sometimes not.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I agree it looks like Eilat.  Since the metal is silver I would guess it's made in Isreal.  A lot of sterling Eilat jewelry comes out of Isreal.  Eilat is the national stone of Isreal.  You weren't far off though. Eilat is a mixture of azurite turquoise malachite and a couple other minerals.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thank you all for your help.  

I googled Eilat and looked at a lot of different cuts / pictures.  Yep, this is Eilat

Any thoughts on what you would list as the style?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I would be hesitant to say that the stones are Eilat stones.  It is possible, but just based on a picture, no one can say that with certainty.

I agree, I associate Eilat stones with Israeli jewelry, and that necklace (both the construction of it and the style) does not meet the quality that I expect in Israeli jewelry. 

Looks to me to be made in India as well.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

These necklaces also come from Peru, but never in silver as much as Ive seen

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I agree with cleio about style being from Peru.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Yes, Peru seems accurate to me as well.  Certainly not Israel.  India came to mind, but I'm not stuck on that at all...

I'd make sure that it is actually silver before listing it as well.  I have my doubts...

Message 9 of 9
latest reply