cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keywords for vintage sterling enamel expansion bracelet

Hi, I'm not sure how to describe this bracelet.  The links pull apart sort of like an expansion bracelet.  I've searched under sterling expansion bracelet and sterling stretch bracelet, and not seen anything similar.  Are there any other terms that could beused to describe the construction of this bracelet?  The only marking is Sterling, Pat Aug 20 1907.

Thanks for any help with this.

exp1.JPG

exp2.JPG

exp3.JPG

exp4.JPG

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

art deco, glowing blue guilloche enamel, comfortable?

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Watch band bracelet? It certainly looks like an expansion band for a particularly nice watch.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Nice bracelet.

You might try looking at this one:

https://www.rubylane.com/item/338449-RL5509/Victorian-Ostby-Barton-Gold-Filled-Stretch

The ad looks similar. The patent date's the same. Don't know why yours doesn't have a maker's mark. But there are a lot of things I don't know.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

if Ostby and barton didnt actually own the patent other companies may have been able to make similar bracelets, just not call it the triple crown? 

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@evelyb30 wrote:
Watch band bracelet? It certainly looks like an expansion band for a particularly nice watch.

Yes, I've seen older watch bands like this, but never a bracelet. It's really pretty!

And, I can't resist adding how much this post makes me giggle - because on my computer, the subject line breaks just after "bra" and what I see on the list of topics is

"Keywords for vintage sterling enamel expansion bra..." - just that (not the rest of the letters for bracelet). Now that would be some interesting bra for sure, but probably not so comfortable.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks everyone.  I saw the bracelet on ruby lane, but I don't think I can really use the info since mine is not marked.  I'll just call it expansion and see what happens.  I really like it and it fits me perfectly, so I'm not too concerned...

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@goaldeelocks wrote:

@evelyb30 wrote:

Yes, I've seen older watch bands like this, but never a bracelet. It's really pretty!

And, I can't resist adding how much this post makes me giggle - because on my computer, the subject line breaks just after "bra" and what I see on the list of topics is

"Keywords for vintage sterling enamel expansion bra..." - just that (not the rest of the letters for bracelet). Now that would be some interesting bra for sure, but probably not so comfortable.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 8
latest reply