cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is There A Special Name

For this type of enameled chain necklace?  The enameling is on both sides of the necklace.  I tried searching enameled necklace, enameled chain necklace, enameled link necklace and a couple of others, but didn't come up with anything.  TIA

UB4471.JPG

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Is There A Special Name

Pretty chain . 

Although it might not answer  your question completely , I had a similliar enameled chain not to long ago . The consensus was split on whether it was a early 20 th century guilloche watch chain or a later Chinese Export chain . Maybe yours is one of those ? Maybe not ? 

I wish I understood how to link a post for you but shamefully I don't understand yet . If you look back to page 10 you can see my thread titled " Cloisonné Bird enamel chain " . It may be of interest to you . 

Love be the color on yours . It almost has an ombré look of honey and tea . Beautiful ! 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Is There A Special Name

Thanks Mermaid.  I am more than sure that this is not early 20th century, but probably in the last 20 years or so.  I was just wondering if there was a specific name.  Yeah, I fell in love with the color too.  I'll see if I can find your thread.  Thanks again.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Is There A Special Name

Found the thread.  I'm sure mine isn't any where near as old as those chains.  I had to LOL when I saw the cloisonne pendant on your chain.  My first thought when I saw this chain was "wouldn't a nice pendant look beautiful on this.  But the more I handle it the more I'm liking it just the way it is.  Thanks again.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Is There A Special Name

I found some similar necklaces using "Antique Enamel Link Chain". I only used Antique because I knew I would not find much if I did not. That being said, I found other keywords "Longchain" and "Baton" used for similar items.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Is There A Special Name

I'm pretty familiar with chain types but haven't seen this one.  For keywords, I'd use something like, "Unique Elongated Diamond-Shaped Double-Sided Enamel Chain in Autumn Colors."  That's a pretty one!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Is There A Special Name

I'm thinking you could even call it a Navette chain?  It's sort of shaped like one.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Is There A Special Name

I like that description Dream, thank you for the ideas.

I did check out your search too OCN.  I saw the red necklace that I figure this one was based off. 

Thank you all.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply