cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT'S AUGUST ALREADY CHAT

large.jpg

Thought I would start the chat hope no one minds 🙂

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 1 of 174
latest reply
173 REPLIES 173

IT'S AUGUST ALREADY CHAT

Morning b4b! Thanks for starting the new chat!

Remember when???  If August stays as hot as July..I just may have to travel back in time for some sprinkler fun! 

spr.jpg

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 174
latest reply

IT'S AUGUST ALREADY CHAT

Hello , 

I couldn't help it , even though it's very humid , I went to 3 yard sales and 1 estate sale yesterday . 1 of the yard sales was inside a church thankfully . When I yardsail it makes me not even want to thrift anymore . The deals are so good . Not much Jools , however I did score a lovely Aventurina necklace and a pair of earrings I'm curious about . Some vintage wall pockets and planters . Some Japan and occupied Japan figurines . Vintage Christmas ornaments . 

I went to an estate sale where the house was like an 80's time capsule . The furniture and lamps were all white and / or ivory lacquer . The accents were all pastels , pink , mint green , lavender . It was very pretty and girly . It reminded me of the Miami Vice era .  I was hoping to find some clothes , purses , shoes , and jewelry but sadly there was none . I scored some nice pottery pieces for next to nothing all done in the pastel shades and some hand made Italian pottery vases . 

All in in all it was a great day . What have you been up to ? 

I leave you with another great flower for this crazy summer heat ....Portulaca , I buy one every year .  

Mermaid 🐳  

Message 3 of 174
latest reply

IT'S AUGUST ALREADY CHAT

Thanks for starting the chat B4B.  

Love the pink flowers Mermaid.

A hot lazy summer day here.

Carol ~ Peach

Message 4 of 174
latest reply

IT'S AUGUST ALREADY CHAT

I so remember sprinkler fun! We always try to do things from when we were kids with our daughter. Like she had never heard or used a rotary phone. We were at a sale and showed her how we had to dial a phone. But here is Lauren when she was little playing in the sprinkler. The second picture it got her little toosh.

water.jpgwater1.jpg

Message 5 of 174
latest reply

IT'S AUGUST ALREADY CHAT

Good morning all from Eufaula Oklahoma!  I can't believe it is already August ... where does the time go?  We are on our way home.  Been on the road for almost four weeks.  It has been fun, but busy, busy, busy!  This is suppose to be fun and relaxing, but this time around it seemed like we were on the go from the time we got up in the morning to the time we layed our heads down at night.  This is really the first time that we hae had to just relax.  But it is a great place to do it.  

Haven't been online much.  I think I just needed to take a break for a bit after the loss of my brother and brother-in-law.  Although they were both blessings, it really hit me hard.  The family reunion was really strange with so many being gone.  Chuck is the last of his generation.  

Of course I have been doing some shopping and have found some nice things.  It will take me a while to get pictures taken to show them to you.

Hope you have all had a great time this summer.  Chuck and I are planning our next trip this fall.  Going to catch some of the great fall colors in Arkansas, Missouri and Oklahoma.  

Well we are getting ready to go do a little more site seeing today.  

Take care and hugs to you all. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 6 of 174
latest reply

IT'S AUGUST ALREADY CHAT

Sunshine kisses , 

Cutest pictures ever , great shots ! 

Mermaid 🐳 

Message 7 of 174
latest reply

IT'S AUGUST ALREADY CHAT

The sprinkler pics should be on the front of postcards.  🙂  I love the portulaca.  This summer has been so hot and humid here, two sets of hanging baskets have not survived even with Miracle Grow and tons of water.  

I had a doctor's appt. today to see what was wrong with my right foot, which has had two previous ankle surgeries.  Unfortunately, the tendons and tendon sheaths are inflammed, and I have bone marrow edema compounded by chronic arthritis.  I found out that if you don't rest and the bone marrow edema gets worse, your foot bones can fracture.  The doctor ordered four straight weeks of no driving, minimal walking, and a boot on night and day only to come off when showering..... I am very upset because all summer I have been taking care of my 89 year-old uncle, and he just got out of a three-week stay at the local rehabilitation center.  I am a VERY active person and this will drive me up a wall.  No treasure hunting for four weeks unless it is on-line.  

On a happier note, hubby and I got to go to an outdoor antique show yesterday in a shore town I have never visited.  There were 60 dealers there, and we had a lot of fun.  There were some bargains to be had, and they will pretty much be my last posts for a month.  We decided to visit a little seafood restaurant we hadn't been to ever together (our 16th anniversary is coming up this week) and the food was very good.  No frills little place with red checkered table cloths right on the water.  

I will be eagerly looking forward to Wednesday Eye Candy and Weekend Treasure Hunts to see  what you have all found.  🙂

Tomorrow's another day.Tomorrow's another day.
Message 8 of 174
latest reply

IT'S AUGUST ALREADY CHAT

oh no I had to have a boot on for 2 months in the middle of summer couple years ago. My best friend submits the insurance for a doctor keep the boot afterwards dont throw it out or like me wanted to burn it. The insurance companys only pay for 1every few years. Come to find out those ugly boots are expensive!

My hubby took those pictures, Lauren loves water always has. My little cupcake as I call her is in 6th grade now she will start schoolin about 2 weeks and I am not ready and already starting to worry about it! 

Message 9 of 174
latest reply

IT'S AUGUST ALREADY CHAT

Mornin 🙂

Geesh so sorry, I sure do not envy you Markowitz or anyone else for that matter that has to wear those "fashionable" boots. It will be 2 years this month since I broke both my feet and I had to wear them for almost 7 months. Hope you can get some "comfort" when wearing them and get better sooner then later. Sandy has had a boot too if I remember correctly. Happy Anniversary early in case I'm not around which is more often then I like.

Sunshine what a cutie patootie you got there 🙂 Oh for those long lost days of our childhood...

Mermaid, love all your flower pictures. I wish the climate was better here for some roses. The only ones I can really grow are those bush kind, but every mothers day DS gets me a real rose bush so I get to enjoy the blooms for the summer.

Sandy, can't wait to see your new finds,,,travel safe and sing:

Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plain, Oklahoma
Where the wav-in wheat can sure smell sweet
When the wind comes right behind the rain
Oklahoma ev'ry night my honey lamb and I (Every night! )
We sit alone and talk and watch a hawk
Makin lazy circles in the sky

We know we belong to the land
And the land we belong to is grand
Yippi-i
Yippi-i
Yippi-i
Yippi-i
Yippi-i
Yippi-i 

Sarah whatcha making in the kitchen?? I just made dehydrated zucchini chips bbq and honey mustard. The bbq were good need to add less sauce and the honey mustard were not so good. Just getting ready to cut up onions and get those dried. Seems I've been in the kitchen more often then not anymore and it's not for baking.

well off to chase a puppy....hagd all bbl

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 10 of 174
latest reply

IT'S AUGUST ALREADY CHAT

Mornin all!

B4b, I put up 16 jars of spicy dixie relish yesterday. I still have another cabbage head to do more, but ran out of peppers & spices  lol   Gotta get those tonite & make another batch tomorrow.  

Today am canning tomates..last ones for me this year.  I have some late plants out (3) that are looking good in spite of the heat & dry..but I think if they produce..will be just for eatin & sharing  lol

Once I get my last batch of relish done..I think I`ll start dryin some stuff. Stepson bought me a digital dehydrator & havent had a chance to try it yet. 

btw..love your song Cat Very Happy

Toodles

Message 11 of 174
latest reply

IT'S AUGUST ALREADY CHAT

Hey all!! 

So so so sorry about the boot, it sounds like NO fun at all. Friend of mine had foot issues (i'm not sure what, but there were a lot of things going on with her foot!) she had to wear a boot, and she used a scooter thing instead of crutches. It looked like it would sure help with walking, maybe you need to look into one of those! 

my re-seeded rose moss looks awesome this year. I planted new last year and what I've got now (a big tub full) is all re-seeded. I didn't think it would do so great with all the rain, but nope it's kicking butt! hope it re-seeds next year too 🙂 LOL

I miss playing in the sprinkler 🙂 LOL Good pictures!!

I just turned down work...I hate that, but I simply do not have enough time to make 6 bears before Christmas, when i have 6 t-shirt quilts ordered, two blue jean/flannel quilts ordered and a minimum of 3 pillows ordered! Yipes, I didn't figure it up before now, but that's a lot! lol the lady wants them embroidered, whcih I can't do, so I directed her towards someone elese. I did tell her that i could possible get them done by Christmas of 2016, but Christmas of 2015 is too soon! As much as I'd like to sew/quilt full time I can't. I also have a 40 hour per week job. And I'm a member of our local festival committee, i'm the vendor chairman, which takes up more time then I'll ever admit! LOL

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 12 of 174
latest reply

IT'S AUGUST ALREADY CHAT

I wish I could sew. I don't have spatial skills that allow me to cut and match up patterns. I tried to learn many times....the scooter is a knee cart. I rented one for my last ankle surgery. I am looking at a three-legged scooter thing with a bike seat in the Harriet Carter catalog- I could zoom around the house on my butt.
Message 13 of 174
latest reply

IT'S AUGUST ALREADY CHAT

My dad always had fields of veggies. He put up tomatoes and made his own tomato juice. He made hot pickles with cayennes, cherry peppers, garlic, and dill. He also made sweet bread and butter pickles with onions. My brother carries on the tradition.
Message 14 of 174
latest reply

IT'S AUGUST ALREADY CHAT

Just an update on my buyer that had tech difficulty & accidentally left a low rating on an item (even tho she gave me glowing  fb).

Well since she was sweet enough to call ebay (as I asked her if she would)..& let them know she had had the tech problem. & she asked them to change the rating she  had left.

They told her I`d have to contact them..so I  just did and since all the messages were there for rep to read regarding all the troble buyer had & the fct that she DID contact Ebay..they WILL be removing the defect!

Yippee!!  Cat Very Happy

Message 15 of 174
latest reply