cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoping for more info on signed CN jewelry

I listed this pendant/necklace last month and it didn't sell for whatever reason.  Was going to relist it but in my listing I just said "signed CN necklace".  So I thought before I relist it I should try to find out more about CN jewelry.  Sorry that this is not a vintage piece but sometimes the research slows me down.  I goggled CN -nothing then went though 3 pages of active EBay listings and all sellers just quote "CN signed".  Also looked on our research page but since this piece is not vintage - nothing there.  Since I bought several lots of jewelry from an estate of a woman who shopped QVC thinking it is maybe from there.  Wondering if anyone else knows that this is from QVC shopping network or more info on CN jewelry.  Just would like to know.  Thanks everyone!IMG_2712.JPG

IMG_2713.JPG

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I believe that CN might refer to China, Country of Origin.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Generally, CN means made in China. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I third this answer. A lot of the QVC pieces have CN on them. I think it’s a nicer way of putting China on it without really saying it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

WOW I had no idea - guess I better drop the price big time when I relist it!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You don't have to drop the price, dins.  I can't think of many designers these days who don't source their jewelry out to China, Thailand, Isreal, Italy, etc.   It's kind of the elephant in the room we don't talk about because it's been stygmatized as being cheaply made, and a lot of it is, but the jewelry the big 3 home shopping clubs sell is pretty nice quality or they wouldn't be in business as long as they have.  I'm not aware of QVC selling generic costume, though, as all of their designers sign their own lines of jewelry.   Your necklace could be from another home shopping club, but I'm not sure.  Your necklace is very attractive and I don't think you should lower the price just because of the CN mark.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I relisted it at a low auction start price with no reserve.  I'll let the bidders determine the price.  Sometimes I just let a nice piece of jewelry list sell at an auction format.  Might get surpriced. Hope so! Thanks for the advnce on the price.  It is a well made necklace and looks unworn. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply