cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with mark on pin

I tried every way to take a picture of this mark, maybe you can tell me who made this. I think it reads sterling silver but the makers mark I cannot read. 2 1/4". 100_6432.JPG100B6460.JPG100_6471.JPG100_6431.JPG

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Help with mark on pin

I think one of your Marks is a Crown and the other rectangle might be a Letter Number combination? This plus the Trombone Clasp points to European and possibly Scandinavian. Can you do a sketch of the Marks and post a picture of that image?
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Help with mark on pin

Try putting a loupe in front of your camera lens and then focusing--you should be able to get a closer photo.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Help with mark on pin

If possible use the macro setting.

Take a close up of the mark and crop it, then post here.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Help with mark on pin

It also helps to open the pin stem and get it out of the way. The camera tries to focus on the closest thing and I have found that opening it helps.

An umbrella and a mind have a lot in common, they both function better when open.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Help with mark on pin

Or even take a HiRes (large MegaPixel) picture and crop to show only the Marks. This could show almost the same detail as a Macro setting or a loupe if you have neither of those. Taking the picture to make sure the Mark is in focus is more important than getting a blurry close up image. Cropping will give the detail as if it were a close up 🙂
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Help with mark on pin

As CAV noted the camera is looking for something to focus on. Your camera may have Focus Options in the set up. Have a look and see if there is one listed that might be better for close up over an infinity /landscape or portrait Mode.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Help with mark on pin

Plain backgrounds also help the camera focus on the item.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Help with mark on pin

I think this picture is better, if not I'll keep trying. Thanks to everyone with their ideas on how to take the picturre. does this picture help ?100_6539.JPG

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Help with mark on pin

I zoomed in and can see 'Sterling silver" and a maker's mark that looks like a circle? with an enclosed V? But that part I am not sure about. Try cropping the picture to just show the mark ... maybe that will help?

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Help with mark on pin

Hi Arlene, I took the picture again and I think the mark is pretty good. Maybe you or someone can tell me who made it. thanks again.100_6541.JPG100_6542.JPG100_6540.JPG100_6542.JPG

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Help with mark on pin

bump

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Help with mark on pin

original-2-1.jpg

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Help with mark on pin

looks like a circle with a V and maybe I

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Help with mark on pin

it looks like a V with a loop at the top of the V in a circle. what do you think ?100_6540.JPG100_6542.JPG

Message 15 of 15
latest reply