cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with gem identification..

This is a Laura Ramsey 14k pendant.. having a hard time with identifying this gemstone could it be Morganite are the little stones ametrine or amethyst it's really hard to tell hoping somebody can shed some light..20180419_080247.jpg

20180419_075818.jpg

20180419_075902_HDR.jpg

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Sounds like you have researched her items to see what stones are used in her pieces. That is a good start. Some stones are easier to make suggestions for. This one is harder. Maybe someone will see the inclusions (if not air bubbles) and help with the stone.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I had a quick look on Google for Laura Ramsey jewelry. Given some of the prices it might be worthwhile getting the stone tested or contacting the LR website?
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I had thought about reaching out...i will now! Thought it also may be Kunzite...Ty...

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

There's no way to know from a picture really.  My first thought about the larger stone was "French Amethyst" or pale lilac amethyst.  It looks too purple for morganite from here.  The pale stones were popular in the Victorian era.  It could be kunzite too, so ... dunno.  A gem tester may be able to tell the difference; kunzite is a 6.5-7 on the mohs scale; amethyst is a quartz and comes in about 7.5. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Kunzite Spodumene...ding ding ding..with Amethyst flanking..21 karats. Total weight with 14k gold is 36 karats..wow. Found it in a salvation army for 6 dollars. Weeeeeeee

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

That was the front runner for me too going on the inclusions and stones I saw on the website. How were they in replying to your email?

Congratulations!!!!

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Ty! I recieved a reply within 6 hours..he verified tentatively without examining..then i took it to a jeweler and he weighed and measured stone..it still seems smaller than what I would imagine a 20k stone to be...i am going to get a second opinion.. now I know what kunzite is and also what's Spodumene is lol..i guess thats what gives it the pale lavender hue.. it's a really cool Stone there's like 4 different colors in it when you turn it and apparently you can't wear the stone during the day or it'll fade the stone it's called a night gem I just love learning new things!!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

That is so cool, I love reading about finds like yours, I hope one day to make one myself 🙂
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

So on a hunch I went back to the same store where I got the pendant because I remember there being other big sparkly gems that I usually just walk right past and lo and behold I found another Laura Ramsey piece!!1524334593011240588939.jpg

1524334611705306509294.jpg

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Lovely heart

Congratulations 🙂
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Could please tell the name and address of the store so that I can plan my summer vacation.Smiley LOL

All kidding aside, you really lucked up. Beautiful!

Diane

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hoily carp!!! Nice finds! 🙂

The Ramsey Gems website is very interesting. Your first ring made me curious so I checked it out.

I, too, need that address 😉

Message 13 of 13
latest reply