cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with bracelet

image.jpegimage.jpegHi, I am hoping for some help with this bracelet. Does this look handmade? It isn't signed/marked but it tests at 14k. Do the designs point to any age or style? Thank you for any info/opinions! Lisa

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Help with bracelet

Nothing on that says handmade to me - the construction and design point to a manufactured piece. I've had that latch on pieces I think were newer (90s) but that doesn't mean it wasn't around earlier. Don't know dates on that finding. Maybe call it Victorian revival? Gold and opals - should do well.

flotsamlogo
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Help with bracelet

Thanks for the reply! The reason I thought it looked handmade is because it looks rudimentary to me, kind of unfinished. It is very pretty though! Thanks

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Help with bracelet

What it looks to me is antiqued.

flotsamlogo
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Help with bracelet

Really nice opals, but what a shocker of a bangle Yes, a casting and not a good one at that. The design was made perhaps for something else and they have utilized the mount for the opals. see the enlarged picture and view the edge. you will not that there is collects for cut stones unused.Some of the "petal" closure for the opals are missing and these have not worn off but didn't cast. or snapped on setting. the casting is not clean and yes to cover this it has been oxidised. It looks like a third world type to me, example India. The tongue bead and back holeing is very amateur. 

Someone should buy it for old gold and remount those lovely opals. Well that's my opinion anyway. There is nothing you can do to make this piece look any better.J

Charm Affair or Charm
Message 5 of 5
latest reply