cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help identify necklace toggle clasp

Can anyone identify this toggle clasp on this necklace? It appears to be a flower basket and double leaf. I beleive this necklace is older as it has some patina. Any thoughts on this necklace would be appreciated, thank you!

027.JPG029.JPG

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Morning!

Unfortunately, these toggle closures are readily available to buy, so  no way to use it as an identifier.

Nor can you go by the 'patina`d look'.  The 'made-to-look-vintage' has been around for several years now...It`s pretty, but I don`t think your necklace is very old. 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Very pretty ! 

I agree with Sarah , my first thought was it was not very old . 

Looks like it's done in the cha cha style .

At first I thought it was faux pearls , but in looking again , some of them seem oddly shaped which leads me to believe they could be real . Also are the squares and leaf mother of pearl ? 

The links look nice . They seem to have texture or be engraved which is usually reserved for nicer quality jewelry . 

Seems like like the toggle and loop closure are on the same side which seems peculiar . How does the clasp work ? 

Mermaid🐳

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I think the necklace is doubled for the pic, with the MOP leaf being the center.  I agree that it's not very old, but may well be freshwater pearls.

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Jeweled feline , 

Ah yes , you are correct . I do not know why I couldn't wrap my brain around that before . Duhhhhhhh !!! 

A little spacy this morning . LOL ! 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you Mermaid 🙂 I'm sorry about my pictures! They are not the best! The necklace is very long, about 29" so I did fold it over. The links are lightly textured with fine lines, the pearl beads are irregular and "bumpy" -with the exception of the 2 round ones with bead caps. And yes, the squares are also made of mother of pearl.  It is a heavier necklace and weighs about 3 oz.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you, I could not find any thing specific about the clasp and I was guessing it was most likely a regular/commonly available clasp. The clasp then was making me lean toward the age of the necklace being newer. The clasp having a little patina was the only thing making me think it may be older, but I agree with what you said about it alone not being a indicator of age. I've seen so many necklaces from Claires that are not old but are in terrible shape! Thank you so much, I so appreciate all your help! 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply