Did you mean: 

Chinese gold hallmark

Does anyone know this hallmark?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Chinese gold hallmark

Can you get a closer pic of it?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Chinese gold hallmark

Working on it. If you look at it on an iPad, you can enlarge it. I'll try to get a better picture. 

@gauntlettgems wrote:
Can you get a closer pic of it?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Chinese gold hallmark

I tried enlarging the mark, but it only blurred on my monitor, so I thought pictures of Chinese gold and silver marks might be helpful.

Chinese Gold Marks:

足金 means pure gold, literally "full gold". It is defined as 99.0% gold minimum.

Full quote:

Zú jīn (Mandarin), Chuk Kam (Cantonese) (足金) means pure gold, literally "full gold". It is defined as 99.0% gold minimum with a 1.0% negative tolerance allowed.

Also:
The related terms "千足" and "万足" meaning "thousand exact" and "ten thousand exact" are also used for purity of 99.9% and 99.99% respectively. This is because the impurity is at most 1 in 1,000 in the case of 99.9% or 1 in 10,000 for 99.99%.

If your ring is vermeil, it might also have a silver mark. Chinese silver marks:

Sterling silver mark in simplified chinese: 纯银
Sterling silver mark in traditional chinese: 純銀

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Chinese gold hallmark

here is a better picture, any help appreciated!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Chinese gold hallmark

added a better picture

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Chinese gold hallmark

Sorry, it doesn't look familiar to me. It may be a maker's mark, export mark, abbreviated finest mark, I just don't know. If no one recognizes it, a place to look for world marks including Chinese export marks is at www.925-1000.com, however the first thing I would do is acid test the metal to determine content for myself.

Bear in mind, Chinese hallmarks can look quite different when struck. There are nuances, I think depending on the style of the mark's creator, and whether it includes a maker's or export mark. Here are two more examples as the marks actually appear on the jewelry.

The first photo is of a gold mark - 99.9% as identified in my first post. If you look closely you will see the symbols

for "thousand exact" shown in the middle column of marks, in a line rather than side by side.

The second photo is a traditional Chinese mark for sterling silver. Good luck on your quest.

chinesegoldmark.jpg

ChineseSterlingSilverMark.jpg

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Chinese gold hallmark

I did list this ring and got pretty good photos of two sets of Chinese hallmarks. If anyone has time and knowledge, here is the item number. 121899718671

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply