cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bat Ami Israel jewelry 925 Vermeil?

This set isn't vintage, but I'm hoping someone can help me. It's marked Bat Ami which is from Israel & is contemporary jewelry. The necklace is leather cording, the large gold piece is stamped .925 as is the clasp and has a foil Israel tag. The clip earrings are stamped Bat Ami .925 with a 24k plate paper tag.  Is this considered Vermeil? I apologize if this isn't the right board to ask about this. Thanks for any help.

Bat Ami

Bat Ami 2

Bat Ami earrings

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I'd use the exact wording- 24k gold plate sterling silver - those who collect that line will be familiar and I think it 's pretty popular. It's a cute set!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

My understanding is that Gold Wash or Plate over Silver is Vermeil 🙂

Edit: I agree with using the words on the label 🙂

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I too would use the wording on the label.

Yes, gold wash over silver is vermeil.  There are federal regulations on how thick the gold wash should be to be called vermeil.  My understanding is that the regulation requirement is such that a human hair is thicker than the requirement.  You can take it from there.

Vermeil Tester.jpg

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Sandy, that's hilarious!!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Woman LOL I thought so too Woman LOL.  But then again I have a twisted, at times, sense of humor. Woman LOL

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Sandy, that's too funny! Guess the phrase "by a hair" applies here. 

Thanks everyone & I'll go with the wording on the label when I list.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply