cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these AB Beads on Choker?

This 15" double strand choker necklace puts off some serious rainbows  Each faceted  bead is actually clear but has one surface with a reflective thingy. Fancy word, I know. I don't think they are glass and they look molded. Any information is greatly appreciated.

b.JPGc.JPG

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Aurora Borealis
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thank you very much...

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Theses are glass beads
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@babajp2012 wrote:
Theses are glass beads

Yes, glass beads, but often referred to as crystal beads (even though they are not natural crystal). The shape of the flattened ones on your pretty necklace is called "Aspirin bead" and is special. Swarovski Article number 5100 is this shape.

For reference: http://estatebeads.com/Swarovski/5100.php#.VsNcnHldHcs

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for the information and the link.  It is a very pretty piece with graduating beads from about 3mm to 10mm.  I have just about chipped my teeth trying to compare beaded necklaces.  I have several necklaces I am trying to identify that all sound, feel and taste (yuck) the same as this necklace. I may have to post a group of them to get expert advice! 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I think so too, now that I've looked at them closer.  Under a loupe, I can see a couple of tiny chips, just like on the large crystal that hangs in my kitchen window.   I wouldn't think a plastic bead would chip.   Thank you for your help. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Great link Diane, thanks for sharing.  I didn't have that one.

Carolynheart

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@jayceerichjr wrote:

Great link Diane, thanks for sharing.  I didn't have that one.

Carolynheart

You're welcome, Caroyn! Did you explore the site to also check out the vintage rhinestones? Drool city and such a good reference at the same time

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Yes, no doubt.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply