cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas on these fraternal twins?

I feel like I've seen these brooches in the past, and now I've recently acquired two.  Does anyone recognize the maker?  They remind me of Sarah Coventry but no marks.  The stem on the darker brooch is bent over while the stem on the red one is a little perkier Smiley Very Happy.  Also, are they grape bunches or just a couple of cha cha's?  Thanks for any help!

twofer1.JPG

twofer2.JPG

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Sorry can't help on the maker.  I have a couple of these types of pieces and have always called them grape clusters, but I like the cha-chaa terminology too.  Pretty pieces.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Just as a WAG, you might look at Emmons. You're right, they do look SC-ish. Emmons was a sister company and their pieces often had a similar look, and didn't always sign their pieces.

flotsamlogo
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Impressionist grapes -- especially the pink. I've had some Emmons ERs but otherwise don't know much about their other jewelry. Both very pretty brooches.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks Sandy, blue and thirry!  I'll check out Emmons.  WAG's are always welcome and appreciated Smiley Happy!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

This type of design reminds me of Wisteria.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I have a necklace very much like the silver one.  Not a mark to its name, unfortunately.  I've always thought it was probably Trifari, but who knows.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 7 of 7
latest reply