cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Apaches copper pin help

I know there are several people on here with the military in their family histor, so I was wondering if anyone could help with this pin.

I didnt know it was copper till i spent some time with a cloth buffing away the blackness. The back is a c-clasp.

Who exactly were the Air Apaches and is this pin from the same time period as WWII (thy were WWII weren't they?)?

Thanks!

air apaches pin first image.jpg

air apaches pin back.jpg

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

http://ezinearticles.com/?345th-Bomb-Group,-5th-Air-Force,-Air-Apaches,-Gone,-But-Not-Forgotten&id=3...

Cleio, there is a very good story on this link about the Air Apaches and what little press they received.

Carolyn

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

very interesting information! I wonder if the pin could be a souvenir, or something made in the field?

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 4 of 4
latest reply