cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

2014-04-18-One-Last-Jab

Whether you are digging in your garden or digging out your drive way ... the SPRING CHAT is here!

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 117
latest reply
116 REPLIES 116

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

Happy April to all!!!  Thanks for starting the new chat, Sandy.  Hope all is well with ya`ll. (as well as can be)  I swear..we are living in warp speed!  Just seems like yesterday we had our SS party! 

Sitting here..patiently tapping foot waiting for 2 more fb so I can finally get rid of that red star.   Seems like that thing has hung around forever!!  Course..if buyers were a bit more diligent in leaving fb..I`d have changed colors  long long ago!   Oh well.

Gorgeous weather here..80 with 85 tomorrow.  I decided not to get in a hurry planting entire garden this year..so now am awaiting  4/15  (based on Farmers Almanac) so I can plant most of it.  They teased me at church yesterday for my planting time remarks  lol  I told em it was good enouigh for grandma & good enough for me! Cat Happy

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 117
latest reply

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

Good morning Sarah.  I'm doing OK.  Had the kids here for Easter on Saturday.  Had a house full.  John and his family and Sam's family.  Even had the great grandson here, which was a treat.  I bought bubble guns and water guns and we colored 3 doz eggs Friday late afternoon.  Oh and can't forget the confetti eggs.  The kids brought their nerf guns and a good time was had by all.

Found out that the new grandbaby due in September will be a girl!  So that will make two great grandsons and one great granddaughter.  You would think there would be more with 19 grandkids, but guess they are mostly late bloomers.  LOL

Think it might be a good idea to hold off on that full garden planting.  I'm not sure mother nature knows what she's doing just yet.  But I really think the upper midwest and the east coast must have really ticked her off.  Everything here is sprouting and blooming.  

Hope you and T are doing OK.  Haven't seen Fredi post in a while.  Hope her family is doing OK as well.

Well, off to take some more pictures.  Have a great one and give T a hug from me.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 117
latest reply

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

Nice to see everyone's thawing out. It's starting to warm up again in New Orleans after a brief chilly spell last week.  It was in the mid-80s when I went out about lunchtime, so it's likely to be in the upper 80s later on. Summers are brutal here, very high temps, very high humidity.

Most of you probably know I'm Jewish, so I have no Easter stories to relate other than the deserted streets from Friday thru Sunday. I did sing in a pre-Easter concert in Biloxi a couple of weeks ago at a big Catholic Church, with the Gulf Coast Choral Society. What a gorgeous church!!! Stained glass to die for! The synagogue I belong to held a First-Night Passover Seder Friday night and I shared a table with a bunch of my favorite friends. Because of the children, seders at that synagogue can turn into a bit of a production. The next night I went to another seder at another Reform congregation and sat with pretty much the same friends. It was very nice -- much more restrained. The kids there were older and they pretty much stayed at their tables with a minimum of fuss. Most of my friends have been part of the Jewish community in New Orleans for well over 50 years, and I've been "adopted" into a group of folks who have history and ties to friends and relatives at various other congregations in town, going back decades. I'm still new in town after two years, and it's very nice to be a part of this community.

I posted a couple of photos a couple of weeks ago on the Spring's Here thread that never took off. Here are a few from a couple then, and one from today. The night photo's not all that great but it illustrates the lights I have strung along the top and stairs of my kitchen porch landing. My porch light doesn't shine down the stairs, so I evolved a strategy to light the steps using clear and colored mini-lights, held in place with repurposed Mardi Gras beads. Looks kind of festive and I can make my way safely up and down the steep metal steps.

SweetiePie, flowers, shrimpy tomato plantSweetiePie, flowers, shrimpy tomato plantFestive porch garden lightsFestive porch garden lightsPlants bunched together for watering, SweetiePie supervisingPlants bunched together for watering, SweetiePie supervisingFormerly shrimpy tomato plant, now blooming enthusiasticallyFormerly shrimpy tomato plant, now blooming enthusiastically

Message 4 of 117
latest reply

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

I gotta ask..does your kitty not escape???   I`d be terrified! 

And I am soooooooooo jealous of that mater plant!!! 

Message 5 of 117
latest reply

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

SweetiePie would probably wander down the stairs if I left her out there very long without a safeguard. My former neighbor left a baby gate on our shared front porch when she moved. It doesn't fit that well between the bricks and the wrought iron railing but I can wedge it in enough to keep the kitty contained. Besides the cat issue, it allows me to open the door and get some fresh air. I live in an apartment that was built in 1960, and a lot of the windows are painted shut (grrr!). Some late Spring and Summer days the inside of the place is hotter than outside. I have AC in my bedroom and living room but none in the kitchen. If I was really desperate to cool the kitchen I *could* open the other two rooms but it would shoot my electricity bill into the stratosphere.

Message 6 of 117
latest reply

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

Ooooo  I feel for ya!  I love the heat..but I doubt I`d survive inside now with no ac! 

ok...I`m up to 4999....surely I`ll get that 1 more feedback before morning!  LOL   

Message 7 of 117
latest reply

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

Good luck with that! I've had a number of buyers lately who haven't left feedback, and one in particular who has never left feedback at all for anyone! She was one of my best customers and I could use her good reviews!

Message 8 of 117
latest reply

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

Sandy.. I was just watching Antiques Roadshow & thought of you when an ad came on for 

Sex, Lies & Butterflies   Wed  at 8pm  PBS. 

Looks like an interesting program 

Message 9 of 117
latest reply

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

@1940fcwrote:

Sandy.. I was just watching Antiques Roadshow & thought of you when an ad came on for 

Sex, Lies & Butterflies   Wed  at 8pm  PBS. 

Looks like an interesting program 

I won tickets to go to the antique roadshow!! yay... it will be April 13th!! so excited!

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 10 of 117
latest reply

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

Cool!!!    Will look forward to hearing all about it! Cat Very Happy

Message 11 of 117
latest reply

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

you know they only let you bring two things per person 😞

I wonder if I wear some of them if I can sneack them in ( muahaha)

Message 12 of 117
latest reply

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

LOl  I`m always in awe when I see some of the humongous pieces of furniture they show.

Message 13 of 117
latest reply

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

@1940fcwrote:

LOl  I`m always in awe when I see some of the humongous pieces of furniture they show.

I know!!! I guess they have the rules for a reason...  can you just imagine draging a huggeeeee piece of furniture plus rugs and  quilts and so on !!! ( which I could  , LOL, I would make my husband  drag all that stuff)

Message 14 of 117
latest reply

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

Your Awwwwww  moment for today...

this is precious!!!!

http://amp.cheezburger.com/1928709/this-cats-favorite-toy-has-been-with-him-since-he-was-a-baby

Message 15 of 117
latest reply